NTUA in collaboration with the local community, undertook in the city of Lavrion a holistic cultural project, composed of many parameters, among them:
- The rescue, preservation and restoration of a major for our country industrial monumental ensemble.
- Upgrading and reusing the historic complex with productive, creative and sustainable content.
- The rescue of the intangible heritage associated with the town, the deepening of the relevant research in cooperation with local, national, and international bodies, and its dissemination to the wider society.
- The hosting, organization, and production of educational and cultural events and activities, emphasising on the culture that is supported of and supports technology and innovation.
- The support for young artists, scientists, as well as for innovative cultural activities.
The under-construction and establishment Mining and Metallurgy Museum of Lavrio (MMML) in the historic complex of LTCP, as well as the organization of the rich historical Industrial Archives of Lavrion (1864-1981) is expected to significantly strengthen and multiply the site’s cultural scope.